Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Calling All Sistahs July Encouragement Challenge

**This is one of 2 posts that I have today.  If you are looking for the Joy Clair Christmas in July post, please go here.**


Hello Blogging Friends,


Well today is the start of the July  Calling All Sistahs Encouragement Challenge!!   Can you believe that this will be our 3rd challenge?  The challenge is to use the inspiration photo below to make an encouraging card to send to someone who is going through a difficult time right now.  It doesn't have to be cancer, it can be for someone who needs to know that someone is thinking of them and encouraging them!   Who doesn't love to receive some Happy Mail??  

Here is a picture to help inspire you to create something for the July Challenge:




Here is my card for this challenge:




Ingredients:

CAS-ual Fridays Wait For It stamp set
CAS-ual Fridays Exclamations  stamp set
Black ink
 Fired Brick distress oxide
Peeled Paint distress oxide
Spiced Marmalade distress oxide
Fossilized Amber distress oxide
Faded Jeans distress oxide
Watercolor paper
Blue paper
Kraft card stock

For this A2 card I started with Kraft card stock for the base of the card.  I a piece of watercolor paper, my craft mat and some of the new distress oxides and pressed some ink onto the mat.  I then spritzed the inks with water and then ran my paper through the ink a couple of times.  I took some coarse salt and sprinkled that on top of the paper and let it dry.  Once it was all dry, I brushed off the salt and cut the paper down to the size I wanted. I placed the inked paper into my Misti and positioned the "you are" stamp from the Cas-ual Friday Wait For It stamp set and the "ah-mazing" from the Cas-ual Fridays Exclamations stamp set and stamped them with black ink.  Next I placed the stars where I wanted them and inked them with black ink and stamped them onto the card.  I took a piece of blue paper and attached that to the Kraft card base and then I positioned the oxide inked paper onto the card.

Be sure to stop by the CAS-ual Fridays store to see all the wonderful stamp sets there are to make cards of encouragement with!!  If you decide that there are one or two stamp sets that you just have to have then use this code encourage17 to get 15% off stamps and dies!!  Thank you Michele, for letting me pass this on to my followers.



Don't forget to stop by the Encouragement Squad post to see all the lovely creations that the new Design Team have made.


Now it is your turn to create something for this challenge!!  There will be a prize of a $25 Gift Card to use at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, that will be doubled if your use CAS-ual Fridays products for your card!!


I hope I have inspired you!!


Thanks for stopping by!!

Lori

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lori that is a gorgeous card I love the colours. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stunning, Lori!! The colors are gorgeous!! Beautiful card, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't stop making these fabulous cards with distress oxides, I'm going to have to get the collection myself. :) Thanks for this card of encouragement, Lori.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!