Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Calling All Sistahs October Encouragement Challenge

**This is one of 2 posts I have today.  If you are looking for the Scrapy Land Challenge #76 please go here.**


Hello Blogging Buddies,


Today is the start of the October CAS-ual Fridays  Calling All Sistahs Encouragement Challenge!


Everyone could use a little encouragement from time to time.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a stash of cards you could send to a friend or loved one who could use a bright spot in their day?  Our challenge is here to help you with that.  On the 18th of each month we will start a new challenge with a new inspiration photo.


The rules are simple:


1.  Make an encouragement card inspired by the photo or colors or both.
2. Link up here by 12am EST on the 13th
3.  Share with your friends and followers so we can get the word out about our challenge.

One person will win a $25 gift code to use on anything in the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps store.  All products are welcome, but if you use CAS-ual Fridays stamps or dies on your card, Michele will DOUBLE your prize.


Are you ready to see where this month's inspriation will take you?


Here is the Inspiration Photo:





Here is my card for this challenge:




Ingredients:

White card stock
Assorted paper from my stash
Black ink
Picked Raspberry distress ink

For this A2 card I started with White card stock for the base of the card.  I took a piece of patterned paper, inked the edges with black ink and added that to the card.  I took some pink paper, black ink and the the CAS-ual Friday Word Ribbon and stamped that onto the pink paper.  I then took the CAS-ual Fridays Ruffled Ribbon die and cut that out and I also cut out black paper to make a shadow behind the pink ribbon and I added that to the card.  I took one of the sentiments from the CAS-ual Fridays Word Ribbon stamp set and some black ink and stamped that in the bottom right hand of the card. I took some Picked Raspberry distress ink and inked the edges all around the card.


Be sure to stop by the CAS-ual Fridays store to see all the wonderful stamp sets there are to make cards of encouragement with!!  If you decide that there are one or two stamp sets that you just have to have then use this code encourage17 to get 15% off stamps and dies!!  Thank you Michele, for letting me pass this on to my followers.


Don't forget to stop by the Encouragement Squad post to see all the lovely creations that the Design Team have made.



Now it is your turn to create something for this challenge!!  There will be a prize of a $25 Gift Card to use at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, that will be doubled if your use CAS-ual Fridays products for your card!!


I hope I have inspired you!!


I would like to enter this card in the following Challenges:


DL.ART 5th ANNUAL LINKY PINKY PARTY




Thanks for stopping by!!

Lori

6 comments:

  1. PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘PINK’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! I love the papers you used!! The design is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Lori this is a gorgeous card. I love the dies you used. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such perfect colors for your theme Lori...so lovely
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Lori, I love how you combined all the papers and pulled it all together with the Ribbon die! Have a great week! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, what a great take on that inspiration piece, Lori! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!